Poros, the island of peace, romance and entertainment, with pine trees reaching the rugged shores and sandy beaches, with its intense nightlife, also offers its guests activities, for unforgettable vacations.
1. First of all, it's worth taking a walk around the port of Poros island, while visiting the quaint small shops, that sell everything from local products to clothes, sitting on the front beach and on the paved streets above it.
2. Visit the Archaeological Museum of Poros with exhibits of findings from the excavations of the Temple of Poseidon, Ancient Troezen, the Royal Tombs of Magoula and other antiquities from Trizinia place.
3. Continuing on you can take a walk to the Historical Clock Tower of Poros which dominates the highest peak of the hill, amongst pine trees and prickly pears. From there the view of the harbor and the opposite coast is excellent.
4. After Sinikismos location and following the winding road that follows, you can visit the small Chapel dedicated to the Virgin Mary, located in a beautiful ravine with platanus trees and running waters.
5. Continuing the same road, after the small Chapel, you pass the "Paradisos Tavern", an ideal place for weddings and chistenings, and continuing you meet the beach "Vagionia", and following the coastal road you will meet the location Palatia, where is the Temple of Poseidon and the place where the ancient orator Demosthenes drunk the poison. From this Doric Temple (6th century) today remains only minimal findings.
6. It's worth to visit the Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi (18th century), built on a green slope, depicting an example of the islanders monastery architecture, combining tranquility with simplicity and charm.
7. After Gefiraki place, located in Progimnastirio location, continuing left you will reach the Russian Dockyard, designated as a historical monument due to its great architectural and historical interest.
8. Poros island has got a diverse and beautiful natural environment that can be a paradise for hikers and nature admirers. There are many paths and old trails between the pines, and other plants that you can follow.
9. For those of you who are not in the mood to walk, you can explore Poros island by your car or your motorbike, quickly and easily, since the road network on the island is in a good condition with no problems.
10. You can organise various fishing trips with "Poseidon Fishing Trips" or the "Fishing trips Poros" to the blue waters of Poros island and the Saronic Gulf, you can swim to beautiful beaches and at the end to cook the fish you caught!
11. Those who have got their own boat can make the circumnavigation of Poros, discovering unique bays, where they can swim or go fishing to the rocks or go snorkeling on the rich fishing grounds of the island.
12. At Askeli and Neorio villages you will find organized water sports centers, where you can work out while you entertain yourselves doing all kinds of water sports or you can also take some skiing lessons. Also, apart from the water sports, you can exersice by rowing or kayaking in the Nautical clubs of N.O.P.T. and N.A.T. Finally there is the stadium of the Naval School of Poros where you can run and exercise.
13. In the beautiful island of Poros, those who love nature can ride a horse on the scenic and spacious mountains or scuba dive to experience the rich and colorful images of the beautiful underwater world of Poros.
14. For those who love watching all the new movies, you will find that the summer cinema "Diana" is operating and has got a beautiful terrace surrounded by flowers, and where you can watch all the good movies.
15. At times the island hosts a lot of events in the Cultural Centre of the Municipality, also concerts are being held up in various parts of the island as well as exhibitions at the Exhibition center of Poros, next to the cinema "Diana".
16. During July and August there are excursions with tourist pullmans for the festival in the Ancient Theater of Epidavros. You leane in the afternoon and go back to Poros at night after the show.
You can call us anytime you like
(+30) 22980 - 22734
(+30) 22980 - 22736
Fax: (+30) 22980 - 22735
You can send us something
OUR ADDRESS IS
Neorio beach, Poros